Prevent Rotten Posts / Utility Poles
Preventing rotten posts with the best solutions for in-ground post and utility pole applications.
- Structural applications and projects requiring the highest level of ground contact protection.
- Applications where maximum protection from subterranean termites and soil organisms are required.
- Applications where chemical migration from the wood into the soil is a concern (such as environmentally sensitive areas and agricultural settings).
- Where technical opportunities exist to use above ground retention levels in ground contact applications or to enhance leachable systems (such as borates and fire retardant products).
- There are many cost sensitive applications within the agricultural market and the light-duty fence industry where the use of the Postsaver® Sleeve may be the best choice.
- Upon heating, the liner melts, and the outer sleeve shrinks down tightly onto the pole to create a tough, air and watertight seal to the post surface.
- Postsaver® Sleeves only provide double-barrier protection at the groundline zone where post deterioration usually occurs. Tests show that the Postsaver® Sleeve enhancement will offer many years of additional service life to in-ground posts and they're backed by a guarantee.
- PolesaverTM sleeves are non-toxic, composite barrier sleeves that feature a dual-layer construction with an outer thermoplastic sleeve and inner, meltable bituminous liner that protect utility poles and light poles.
- Upon heating, the liner melts, and the outer sleeve shrinks down tightly onto the pole to create a tough, air and watertight seal to the pole surface.
- This seal permanently excludes all the factors necessary for wood decay to occur, making conventional ground line decay impossible.